Robert G. Neill Jr.
(1944 – 2015)
- Practice Areas: Probate law, estate planning, estate and trust litigation, wills and trusts.
- Admitted to the Bar: 1970, Texas.
- Member: El Paso Probate Bar Association (Founding Board Member), State Bar of Texas.
- Notable: Phi Delta Phi; Lecturer, Business Law, University of Texas at El Paso, 1986-1988; Vice President and Manager of Corporate Trust Services Department, El Paso National Bank, 1971-1980; Chairman of The Board, El Paso Probate Bar Association; College of The State Bar of Texas; Fellow, Texas Bar Association Foundation, Texas Democratic Party State Executive Committee Member 1992-1994, Co-Chairman, Texas Democratic Party Finance Committee 1992-1994.
- ISLN: 904205228
- Born in Passaic, New Jersey, June 4, 1944; married to Rosemary Vivero Neill; two children, Alexander and Margaret.
- Education: J.D., University of Texas at Austin, 1970; A.B., Colgate University, 1966, Colgate Alumni Memorial Scholar; Colgate Washington Study Group.
Alexander V. Neill
Alex Neill has been practicing law since 2003. He has most experience in the fields of probate, guardianship and estate planning. Additionally, Alex has developed a niche in contested probate litigation. His litigation process experience includes discovery and pre-trial resolutions of cases [both by settlement or pre-trial disposition]. Alex’s success in trials involves contested probate matters both before the bench and a jury. Alex believes the litigation process should also be used to achieve a resolution of the case via settlement.
EDUCATION || HISTORY
After graduating from Austin College in Sherman, Texas with a degree in Political Science, Alex attended law school at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. During his time at St. Mary’s, he was a staff writer and editor for The Scholar: St,. Mary’s Law Review on Minority Issues. His comment Human Rights Don’t Stop at the Border: Why Texas Should Provide Preventative Health Care for Undocumented Immigrants was published at 5 Scholar 405 (2002). After graduation, Alex returned home to El Paso to begin his practice. After serving as a law clerk for the Hon. Frank Montalvo, U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Texas, Alex joined Neill & Strelitz, P.C. to work alongside his father Robert G. Neill, Jr.. From that time,
Alex as served on the Board of Directors for and as President of the El Paso Probate Bar Association. He has also served on the Ethics Commission for the City of El Paso and as a member of the Board of Directors for Keystone Heritage Park, Inc. Currently serves on the Board of Directors for Cathedral High School. He has given presentations on various legal issues in probate and guardianship law to seminars put on by Adult Protective Services, the El Paso Paralegal Association, Region 19 Education Services Center, National Business Institute and the El Paso Probate Bar Association.
Alex is presently certified to represent both applicants and proposed wards in a guardianship proceedings.
Alex was married to Laura Calvillo in June of 2005 and together they have two children, Olivia and Evelyn.
Notable cases include
- Estate of Antonio Perez, 324 S.W.3d 257 (Tex. App. – El Paso 2010, nopet. h.) – Trial counsel
- Estate of Noemi Sidransky, 420 S.W.3d 90 (Tex. App. – El Paso 2012,pet. denied) – Trial Counsel
- Estate of Sherman A. Hemlsey, 460 S.W.3d 329 (Tex. App. – El Paso2014, pet. denied) – Trial Counsel
- Estate of Martina K. O’Rourke, 2013CPR00590 (El Paso CountyStatutory Probate Court No. 1) (Represented contestant in a jury trial inwhich Decedent’s last will and testament was set aside due to a jury findingDecedent lacked testamentary capacity).
Karen M. Villanueva
– Practice focus: estate planning, contested and uncontested probate, and fiduciary litigation.
– Received her J.D. from Baylor Law School in Waco, Texas, where she completed a concentration in estate planning. She was also a member of Baylor’s Pro Bono Transactional Team that helped draft estate planning documents for low-income members of the community.
– Karen previously volunteered with legal services at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where she prepared estate planning documents for soldiers and their families.
– Received a B.A. in Political Science from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas, where she graduated magna cum laude.
– Memberships: State Bar of Texas, El Paso County Bar Association, El Paso Estate Planning Council, Military Spouse J.D. Network
– Karen lives in El Paso with her husband, Michael, and their rescue dog, Lucky.